The atomizer on an electronic cigarette is the heating element that heats up the eLiquid and turns it into vapor. Some atomizers are recessed, and some are exposed. Regardless of which kind you have, it will undoubtedly need some maintenance the more you use it.
- 90% (or higher) Isopropyl Alcohol - you can also use denture cleaner**, or vodka.
- Small container
- Paper towels
- A cartomizer, extra atomizer, or 'back up' e-cig to use during the wait time.
- Remove the atomizer from the battery and cartridge.
- Place the atomizer into the container.
- Pour enough alcohol over the atomizers to cover them. If you are using denture cleaner, follow the instructions on the box.
- Soak your atomizers for 3-4 hours for optimal cleaning.
- When you are ready to remove the atomizers from the solution, dry them off with a paper towel, then gently blow any excess liquid out of the bottom of the atomizer into the paper towel.
- Place the atomizer on the paper towel, and allow it to continue drying for another 2-3 hours.
When you are ready to use your cleaned atomizer again, give it a quick spark to burn off any additional moisture before regular use. Be sure to do this for no more than half a second or you run the risk of completely burning out your atomizer.
Depending on how often you vape, you should be cleaning your atomizers once every two weeks. Heavy vaporers may have to clean the atomizer more often.